If you want to travel to Australia you need a valid visa. As a tourist there are 3 different tourist visas to choose from: The eVisitor (subclass 651), the ETA Visa (subclass 601) and the Visitor Visa (subclass 600). With all 3 visas you are not allowed to work. If you want to work in Australia, then apply for a work visa or the Working Holiday Visa.
▷ Find A Step by Step Guide here: „Working Holiday Visa Australia: Your ultimative guide“
▷ Not sure which visa is the right one for you: „Book your personal Appointment with our Visa Agents now*”
In this article I answer the most frequently asked questions about ETA Australia.
Note Regarding the Current COVID-19 Pandemic: Application & Delays
Update (28.7.2020) – Due to the Corona Pandemic, entry to Australia is currently not possible even with an already approved Working Holiday Visa and ETA.
Attention: The COVID-19 information is subject to change at any time.
>>> Find current COVID-19 information regarding travel to Australia here. <<<
- Note Regarding the Current COVID-19 Pandemic: Application & Delays
- Which tourist visa should I apply for?
- 1. General Information about the Electronic Travel Authority (ETA)
- 2. How to apply for the ETA Australia
- 3. Specific question for the ETA Application
- 4. Problems with your ETA Application
Which tourist visa should I apply for?
As there are three different tourist visas for Australia, it looks complicated at first glance which is the right visa for your trip.
Here is an overview of the different tourist visas:
● eVisitor (subclass 651) – The eVisitor is free and can only be applied online. It entitles you to enter and leave Australia as often as you wish within 12 months from the date of issue and you can stay in Australia for a maximum of 3 months at a time.
● ETA Visa (subclass 601) – The ETA currently costs 20 AUD and can applied online for certain countries (UK is not included). You can also apply for the ETA through a travel agency, airline or Australian visa office. It entitles you to enter and leave Australia as often as you wish within 12 months from the date of issue and you can stay in Australia for a maximum of 3 months at a time.
● Visitor Visa (subclass 600) – The Visitor Visa costs between 145 AUD and 700 AUD. (Depending on where you apply and which visas you already hold in Australia – The AUD 145 are from outside Australia). You can apply for the visa online or through a visa office. It entitles you to enter and leave Australia as often as you wish within 12 months from the date of issue and you can stay in Australia for up to 12 months.
Tip: Save the 20 AUD for the ETA and rather apply for the free eVisitor.
2. How to apply for the ETA Australia
3. Specific question for the ETA Application
4. Problems with your ETA Application
This was my FAQ about ETA Australia. I hope I could help you with this post. If you have any further questions about the ETA visa, please let me know in the comments, and I can add your question to the FAQ.
Important: For the Working Holiday Visa in Australia you don't need an ETA and if you only want to go to Australia as a tourist, then apply online for the free eVisitor (subclass 651).
What should you do next? Do you already have health insurance for your trip to Australia? Read more in the article “Best Australia Travel Insurance for Backpacker [Working Holiday]“
- Ultimate Backpackers Packing List! [Free PDF]
- The ultimate document checklist for Australia [with PDF]
- The most useful travel apps for your journey through Australia
- 15 Easy Tips to ALWAYS finding the Cheap Flights
- 10 Tips How To Pick A Good Hostel
- MELBOURNE: 11 Places To Visit Before You Die
Ciao Daniel 🙂
If you find this helpful: Share It with your friends!